Areas in your home can become messy for a variety of reasons. Maybe you have too much stuff, or you don’t have enough storage.
Whatever the reason, you can use some effective tips to manage the mess and keep your home looking its best.
It’s always the areas we don’t care much about that end up being the areas we spend the most time in.
A cluttered garage, messy junk drawer, or overflowing laundry room are guaranteed to creep into your day and cause you to spend more time than you’d like cleaning it up. And once you clean it up, it will just get messy again.
We’ve all been there, so here are tips on how to manage these messy areas of your home and where to find home cleaning services in New Jersey.
Make Your Entryway Functional
The entryway of your home is a natural place for clutter. If you’re not careful, it will become a dumping ground for everything from your shoes to your keys, making it a challenge to get into your home. To make your entryway more user-friendly and helpful, use some of the following:
- Hooks – These are a great way to conserve space. You can use them to hang coats, hats, scarves, backpacks, and purses.
- Over-the-Door Shoe Organizer – This is another great space-saving option that allows you to store footwear without taking up a lot of room.
- Shelves – These are a great way to keep organized and make the space feel less cluttered.
- Storage Boxes – These can store supplies and items that are used infrequently.
Make Your Bed Every Day
Always choose a made bed over an unmade one. Maintaining a clean and pleasant bed will tempt you to spend time in other areas of the house, where you will probably spend more time elsewhere.
Keep in mind it’s a simple task that takes five minutes or less to complete. It’s an easy way to make your bedroom feel tidier.
Declutter Everywhere You Go
Overfilled drawers, cabinets, and closets are another common area for clutter to pile up. It’s easy to misplace items and not notice those that are missing. Keeping things tidy is simple.
Do the following:
- Start with a clean slate. Empty the drawer or shelf and clean it.
- Put things back where they belong.
- Get rid of what you don’t use. Donate, sell, or recycle items that aren’t essential. You can always buy a replacement when needed.
- Use your storage space wisely. Avoid overpacking shelves and drawers.
- Look for better storage options. For example, you can use a box in place of a drawer. A hanging organizer is another alternative.
If you’re too busy to do the above items, you can opt for a house cleaning in NJ.
Organize Your Home Office
Home offices tend to get messy quickly. It’s easy to let work items and office supplies build up and not notice until you start running out of space. Here are some helpful tips for managing your home office:
- Get your paperwork under control. Keep a strong file system that includes receipts and notes to mail and bills.
- Label your files and folders. This will prevent you from misplacing or overlooking important information.
- Use color to your advantage. Use a color-coded file folder system for your office supplies.
- Use wastebaskets and recycling bins. Don’t let trash build up and be a drain on your time and energy.
- Toss out expired or old files. This will help to keep your office uncluttered as well as organized.
Keep in mind organization will always be a work in progress. It takes time, effort, and discipline to keep clutter to a minimum, but it’s worth it. Clutter can harm your health and happiness, so it’s important to keep it under control. Lastly, if you’re not too keen on cleaning, it’s best to seek a house cleaning service in New Jersey.
Lady Maids is an NJ cleaning company offering the highest standards of residential and commercial cleaning Services. Contact us for a house cleaning service in New Jersey!